Sunday, October 31, 2010

Welcome to my blog.

Hi... and welcome to my blog.  After years of screaming blue murder at all the injustices in the world I have finally got my act together and set up a blog.  What an amazing time in history the last few years have been!  Expect to see a strong focus on the following subjects in the next few months:
-  The Australian housing market (bubble?)
-  The Chinese economy (another bubble?)
-  Global monetary policy (AKA printing money) and macroeconomic theory
-  Economic history - esp the history of the Great Depression
-  The role of the technology in our society and in our lives
-  Tid-bits of philopsophy - particuarly that of Karl Popper, after whom the title of this blog is named.  Popper famously said: there is no better synonym for "rational" than "critical".  I hope to be both.
I will not spend a lot of time talking about my own background and prejudices - these will become evident soon enough.  Thank you for taking the time to consider my point of view.  I always welcome criticism and alternative points of view so please comment on anything I post.

No comments:

Post a Comment